Computer science is a field which is rapidly changing our way, in experiencing the world. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program provides students with an in-depth knowledge in the theoretical foundations and practical experience in both hardware and software aspects of computers. This program facilitates students with the proficiency needed in industry and for research. It is the most adaptable program, allowing students to select their courses to their area of interest such as Artificial Intelligence/Data Science/Mobile Apps & Ubiquitous Computing/Cyber security. This program focuses on connecting the theoretical concepts with the practical’s and helps the students to intensity their critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving techniques to develop new technologies and innovate new solutions.
- Degree is endorsed by the University of Missouri, St. Louis (USA).
- First in Oman to offer Data Science and Artificial Intelligence sub majors
- Conducting hands on training to the students using latest technology by Domain Experts
- Bringing Industry to classroom
- Provides a pathway for ISAAC certification in latest
- INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
- DATA ANALYTICS
- AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY
- ROBOTICS AND INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS
Computers have become indispensable part of life from Home to Offices, Government, research and all umpteen numbers of areas in this universe. There is high demand of computer professionals and scientists in Oman, Gulf countries and rest of the world.
Graduates of this program can go for following options:
- System Analyst, Application and Database Programmers.
- Web programmer and designers
- System, Database and Network Administrators, Information System Manager
- Security, ERP Consultants
- Research and Development in Government/Private Organizations
- Higher Studies
- Recognized General Education Diploma or its equivalent.
- English proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL-iBT 65.
Applicants who do not have official IELTS or TOEFL scores are required to take MCBS English Placement Test. Based on the scores obtained in this test, students are allowed to begin their credit courses or register in the foundation program.
Duration: 4 years
Total credits: 120
Program delivery: 12-15 credits per normal semester and 6 credits per summer semester
Internship: Minimum 2 months
Courses: apart from courses closely related to the Program subject matter, students take general education and business courses(57 credits):
- Communication skills: 9 credits
- Humanities: 9 credits
- Social Sciences: 9 credits
- Mathematics Requirements: 22 credits
- Science Requirements: 8 Credits