The combination of accounting and business courses in B.S Accounting Program helps the students develop skills in book-keeping, preparing and analyzing the financial statements. The primary emphasis is on the theory and practice of financial reporting under IFRS covering the areas of recognition, measurement and disclosure decisions. The global reach of the IFRS is extensive. Therefore, the program provides a larger scope for potential graduates in shaping their profession in accounting.
- Degree is endorsed by the University of Missouri, St. Louis (USA).
- The program will also help the students prepare for professional qualifications like CPA, ACCA, CMA, CFA etc.
- Curriculum has been designed with inputs from local industry experts.
- Strong industry links, workplace and off-site field trips.
- International faculty.
Students have many opportunities for professional careers in a variety of specialized accounting areas like auditing, tax planning and compliance, financial reporting consulting, business consulting, and cost accounting. Accountants work in industry, government, education, and non-profit organizations. Public Accountants practice as independent professionals.
Graduates will be prepared to:
- examine operating costs and organizations’ income and expenditure.
- assist in formulating budgetary and accounting policies.
- prepare financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies.
- provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- introduce and maintain accounting systems, and advise on the selection and application of computer- based accounting systems.
- comply with the financial reporting processes, rules, regulations and risks.
- Recognized General Education Diploma or its equivalent.
- English proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL-iBT 65.
Applicants who do not have official IELTS or TOEFL scores are required to take MCBS English Placement Test. Based on the scores obtained in this test, students are allowed to begin their credit courses or register in the foundation program.
Duration: Any Bachelor Degree requires about 8 semesters or 4 years
Total credits: 120
Program delivery: 12-15 credits per normal semester and 6 credits per summer semester
Internship: placement on a 3-month internship
Research Project: Students must complete a capstone research project in Accounting to be eligible for the award of the degree.
Courses: Apart from courses in Accounting, students should complete the general education courses as per the following requirements (93 credits):
- Communication skills: 9 credits
- Humanities: 12 credits
- Social Science: 18 credits
- Math/Computer skills: 9 credits
- Natural Science: 3 credits
- Non-Business electives: 9 credits
- General Business requirements: 33 credits