Center for English as a Second Language & Academic Preparation (CEAP) offers the General Foundation Program (GFP) that prepares students for higher education. The GFP is open to all non-native speakers of English who wish to improve their English, pursue their studies in higher education, or further their professional careers.
The program is based on an integrated-skill approach and is designed to help our students get the best learning experience. Learning, to that effect, is pretty much student-centered and our teachers engage in best teaching practices.
Programs offered: 1-General Foundation Program (GFP)
- Assisting students in enhancing their English language proficiency in the four language skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking) with an emphasis on critical thinking;
- Improving students’ knowledge in basic and applied /pure mathematic skills;
- Reinforcing students’ knowledge in basic computer applications.
- Equipping students with the fundamental study skills that will help them succeed in their higher studies.
Why MCBS GFP?
- Experienced and international faculty
- Unique curriculum: engaging teaching methods
- Friendly environment
- Diverse students
- Four levels
- Day & Evening classes
- Plenty of extra-curricular activities
- Books every semester free of charge
- Extra support at the Student Success Center.
Welcome to the Center for English as a Second Language & Academic Preparation (CEAP) at the Modern College of Business and Science. CEAP offers the General Foundation Program (GFP) at MCBS and we proudly offer our students a great opportunity to improve their Language, Mathematics, Computing and Study skills. Also, we are proud of being at the forefront in English language teaching in Oman as the department has been offering its services since 1996. Welcome to CEAP and I wish you all an awesome experience.