- Degree: Bachelor
- Specialization: Computer Science
- G.Year: 2010
- Occupation: Manager, eChannels
- Company: Bank Sohar
Can you describe your educational experience at MCBS
My education experience with MCBS was challenging throughout. It was difficult managing my studies while working full time. However I must acknowledge that none of what I have achieved would have been possible without the consistent support of my professors, precisely HOD Comp. Science and Math Dr. Joseph Mani.
How has studying at MCBS helped you achieve your career goals?
Studying at MCBS has provided me with the foundation of every work I do today in my career life. Though I value everything MCBS has taught me, I believe a person must have the passion within to acquire an educational degree.
What career path did you choose after graduating from MCBS and why?
I was an officer in HSBC Bank in the field of Corporate Banking when studying at MCBS. After earning my Bachelors degree in Computer Science I decided to make a move in the field of eChannels. I am heading projects in the same field currently with Bank Sohar.
Tell me a bit about the company you currently work for?
Established in 2007, Bank Sohar is a One stop financial super mall having boutiques of products and services across various segments, each with a unique set of propositions
What is your current job title and how have you progressed to that level?
What are your roles and responsibilities in that position?
- Provide assistance in providing strategic direction for the development of Internet banking and SMS Banking system together with quantified justification for their introduction.
- Ensure development of best-in-class platforms for Internet Banking and SMS Banking
- Manage of Internet Banking and SMS Banking application system projects, coordinating with business units to facilitate a smooth rollout.
- Manages the implementation of Internet Banking and SMS Banking related system in the bank, ensuring projects implementation skills are maximized. Performs technical sign off for the systems
Do you think MCBS played a part in you reaching this position and why?
Studying at MCBS has provided me with the foundation and groundwork of every work I do today in my career life. In addition to my core specialization subjects, the curriculum offered various subjects that helped me sustain a reputable position at my workplace and around the society.
How many people in your company report to you?
Whom must you report to in your organization?
Head of eChannels and Business Support
What are your future career goals and aspirations?
I am intending to pursue a Master’s degree in the field of MIS. I believe this will groom me to handle higher positions in the bank and attain a spot in Bank’s management team.
What has been your greatest achievement in life?
The ability to allocate time to family, friends, work, education, fitness and hobbies
Have you received any awards during your career?
- Activity Champion (Highest number of Business Development visits), HSBC Bank Middle East, Q3,2007
- Activity Champion (Highest number of Business Development visits), HSBC Bank Middle East, Q1,2008
- Activity Champion (Highest number of Business Development visits), HSBC Bank Middle East, Q2,2008
- Product Champion (Highest number of Business Accounts), HSBC Bank Middle East, Q2,2008
What do you like to do in your spare time? (hobbies and interests)
Spend time with loves ones, working out, Photography and Painting
If you had to give some advice to the current students at MCBS, what would it be?
Make the most of everything you learn at college. None of us knows what life has ahead for us
Do you intend to continue further studies in the future? Yes. I am intending to pursue a Master’s degree in the field of MIS. I believe this will groom me to handle higher positions in the bank and attain a spot in Bank’s management team.